About the GetAMoveOn Fellows Programme
The GetAMoveOn Fellows programme aims to provide support to the next generation of researchers whose research interests and activities align with the aims of the GetAMoveOn Network+. The aims of the programme are to enable Fellows to:
- Raise awareness of their work and enhance their academic profile
- Interact confidently with the media
- Maximise the impacts of their research
- Participate in and help to develop a supportive community of scholars in a spirit of collaboration
- Broaden their network of potential collaborators across different disciplines to increase their opportunities to contribute to projects and apply for grant funding
- Improve their success in applying for grant funding
- Visibility - May 2019
- Impact - June 2019
- Collaboration - December 2019
- Writing - March 2020
- communicate science in writing to non-specialist audiences
- use story telling techniques to get your messages across
- understand which stories are picked up by the media and why
- interact confidently with the media
- use social and digital media to promote research
- record a video of you talking about research
Workshop date: Wednesday 12th June 2019
A workshop to provide Fellows with powerful tools to use immediately to create a step change in the impact of their research. The workshop was run by Prof Mark Reed from Fast Track Impact https://www.fasttrackimpact.com/ Mark is a recognized international expert in research impact with more than 150 publications to his name that have been cited over 13,000 times, and he has won awards for the impact of his own research. Fellows learned how to:
- Write better impact sections for grant applications
- Maximise the impacts of research arising from successful grant applications
- Write a top-scoring impacts case study
- Identify and work with the right people in the policy community to disseminate and keep control of your research messages, write effective briefings, and get your research into policy
- Improve how you record and communicate your impacts
Date: 4th to 6th December 2019
A workshop to provide fellows with insights into unlocking the key to successful collaborations. This workshop was run by Dr Jon Bird. Jon has successfully collaborated with researchers across many areas of digital health. Fellows were able to spend dedicated time with other Fellows:
- learning about successful collaboration strategies
- developing ideas for an multidisciplinary project
- pitching a funding idea to a panel for the chance to win prize money to take their projects forward.
Date: 4th to 6th March 2020
An opportunity to experience a highly effective ‘structured writing retreat’ model known to increase productivity and well-being whilst:
- learning how to increase your chances of writing winning grant proposals
- gaining experience of positive writing practices and habits
- writing a first draft grant proposal
Profiling and promoting the GetAMoveOn Fellows
The Fellows section on the GAMO website, includes a short profile of each Fellow.
- We will promote Fellows through our media channels.
- Fellows’ videos are also showcased and promoted on the GAMO YouTube channel.
- Fellows are able to update their own profiles and add videos to the Find an Expert section on this website.
- Fellows will use the techniques learned in the media training workshop to promote their own profiles, and will be encouraged, in a spirit of fellowship, to take opportunities to promote the work and profiles of other GAMO Fellows.