An interactive workshop for novice and more experienced researchers interested in developing interventions for health promotion and diseases management. The workshop will introduce the Person-Based Approach which has been used successfully to develop numerous digital interventions.
Workshop participants will gain hands-on experience in key methods such as:
• combining Guiding Principles and behavioural analysis for intervention design
• carrying out think-aloud interviews to inform intervention optimisation
• using the Table of Changes to incorporate and record stakeholder co-design
• remote training of international collaborators to use these methods
When 13:00 – 16:30, 1st of July
Where University of Bristol - 43 Woodland Road, room G10 (BS8 1UU)
Facilitators Prof Lucy Yardley, Dr Ben Ainsworth, Dr Max Western, Dr Christie Cabral and Dr Samantha van Beurden
• Plenary sessions will cover the principles and processes of the Person-Based Approach (PBA) with numerous practical examples of how this approach has been used to develop interventions for patients and healthcare professionals
• Small groups will discuss and apply the process to selected health-related topics.
Workshop places are limited so book early!